10 Mar 2015

GREY, THE NEW TREND?

Irresistible, Daring, Thrilling, Individual, Magical, Dramatic......these are just some of the attributes I've found myself fetching recently when looking for Interiors with a WOW factor.

GREY (and darker shades) is certainly having a moment.
Grey the new trend


I haven't the faintest idea why I am lately so drawn to dark, grey and moody interiors. 
But look at this room, ceiling, walls and floor have been painted in different shades of black creating immediately a feel of intimacy that wouldn't be achieved as easily with white. How does it work? you may ask: High ceilings, plenty of natural light, game of textures, velvet upholstery, faux fur on the bamboo chair, unexpected groupings on the fireplace, the glass accent from the chandelier, make this room just a perfect cocoon. For more photographs check Milk Magazine.


Grey the new trend

OH! I am enamoured of this bedroom, (sigh....) The wall in grey is the perfect background for this room where brick, natural wood, fur, and metal table combine to create this restful and glamorous in its simplicity with a masculine touch.  

Grey the new trend

The more interiors I look at in grey, the more I am convinced I want to do it in my home. This taste for dark and moody has been developing for a while. About a year ago I blogged about keys to decorate on a budget and guess what, yes, some of the striking interior ideas I found were based on grey/dark walls.





This is love, sorry not, envy! I wanna a bedroom like this one with the steel-framed doors (better known as Crittall windows), the wooden floors and those rugs!!!!






Blackboard paint



Ok, I couldn't help it! I just LOVE shoes (my other passion after interiors, -;)!

Grey the new trend


via


DO YOU DARE TO DECORATE YOUR WALLS IN GREY (OR BLACK)?

love,
Margarita x






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips